Cast and Crew

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Return of the Punchcumber


You might not remember. It was a long time ago now.


And I think we all conveniently forgot, too, because they got so orange and looked so much like pumpkins.


But can you see that green tint? It's not the camera (though our camera is due for an upgrade).


When I cut into them, the kitchen began to smell like fresh cucumber. I roasted them anyway. One hour in the oven with a tray of water beneath. They're waiting for me in the fridge. I need to scoop out their insides and take a taste. But seriously, what do you make out of a punchcumber?


At least the girls were happy to get the sloppy, seedy insides for a snack. They might get more than that!

2 comments:

  1. I nibbled on them after they were done and ready to get frozen for future pies, breads, muffins, and cookies. It was odd, really. They clearly tasted like pumpkin, but with a cool, refreshing cuke edge. I have no idea what will become of them now.

    ReplyDelete

Shout out to the peeps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails