Cast and Crew

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I'd Like to Thank the Academy...

Many of you, like me, have a long list of blog postings to peruse through the day. Who needs work when you can read about goats, chickens, donkeys, bees, and all the other goodies associated with farm life in the cities and the 'burbs? A couple of my favorite bloggers have recently awarded me, and I'd like to thank them for extending their attention my way.

Thoughts from a yodeling goatherder is a refreshing and quirky read. She presented me with the following award.



Mommypants! is one of those mothers who does it all. She presented me with this!



All this attention is likely to go to my head! The rules for each of these awards is a little different, but I'm going to combine them. I'll be including ten things about me (that you might not know unless you've spent more than ten seconds in my general vicinity), and passing these awards on to a few other blogs I deem worthy. Ready?

1. My parents deliberated over my name upon my birth. Dad was all for Astra, Mom liked Tellsie. Yeah. The kids in the third grade couldn't possibly have made fun of either of those... On the bright side, my grandparents on my mother's side wanted me to be named... wait for it..... Chitty. Our fine four-fendered friend. Yeah, I got lucky with the name Robin.

2. I know every lyric in every song and moment of the following musicals, and I can distort them for use in other situtaions, like singing about the dogs being hungry or the bus being late.

Phantom of the Opera
Les Miserables
Cats
3. My last name comes from the brand of guitar I play. Seriously. Taylors are fine, fine instruments, by the way.

4. As a kid I was in a professional children's choir in Indiana. Yep. I can actually sing. My mom was an opera singer, in fact. I hear tell kids ruined her chance at fame and fortune.

5. I have a 68 inch long tattoo. It spans the length of my arms and back when my arms are outstretched. The entire thing is a segment of lyrics from a Patty Griffin song, and the last word, my favorite, is "disgrace." I get a lot of questions about it, so I can say with accuracy that I am very well read.

6. I had to travel 5000 miles one way to meet the girl of my dreams, and I'd do it all over again (but I'd rather not repeat the long distance phone bills).

7. I have one of the best collections of juvenille and children's fiction you can find. My favorite is Time Stops for No Mouse by Michael Hoeye. Hermux rocks.

8. I can parallel park our Subaru Outback Wagon in one shot.

9. This July marks my 17th year of living in Washington state. My parents and I moved here when I was a sophomore in high school.

10. My brother and his wife life in Greenville, South Carolina. I haven't seen them in nine years.


I'll be passing along the Versatile Blogger award to:

Adventures in urban homesteading

The Itty Bitty Farm in the City

Whispering Acres

And the Sugar Doll goes to:

Come by chance

Two Chicks and a Hen

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, I have a tattoo also! Talk about birds of a feather huh? =)

    ReplyDelete

Shout out to the peeps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails